Chicken Bone Broth Recipe
Chicken bone broth, a nourishing and flavorsome concoction, has gained popularity for its numerous health benefits. Packed with essential nutrients and boasting a rich taste, this recipe has become a staple in many kitchens. In this article, we present a professionally crafted chicken bone broth recipe that will not only tantalize your taste buds but also provide a wholesome boost to your well-being.
– 1 whole chicken carcass or 2-3 pounds of chicken bones
– 2 carrots, roughly chopped
– 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
– 1 large onion, quartered
– 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
– 1 teaspoon of whole black peppercorns
– A handful of fresh parsley
– Sea salt, to taste
– Water, enough to cover the ingredients
– Begin by rinsing the chicken bones or carcass under cool running water to remove any impurities.
– Place the bones or carcass in a large stockpot or slow cooker.
2. Vegetable Additions:
– Add the chopped carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to the pot.
– These vegetables contribute to the overall flavor and nutrient content of the broth.
– Toss in the bay leaves, apple cider vinegar, whole black peppercorns, and parsley.
– These ingredients infuse the broth with aromatic and savory qualities.
4. Water and Simmering:
– Pour enough water into the pot to fully cover the ingredients.
– Place the pot on the stove or set the slow cooker to low heat.
– Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
– Allow the broth to simmer for a minimum of 8 hours, or up to 24 hours for a more concentrated flavor.
5. Skimming and Straining:
– Throughout the simmering process, skim off any foam or impurities that rise to the surface.
– This step ensures a cleaner and clearer final broth.
– After simmering, strain the broth through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove any remaining solids.
6. Seasoning and Storage:
– Taste the broth and add sea salt as desired, adjusting the seasoning to suit your preferences.
– Let the broth cool to room temperature, then refrigerate it in airtight containers or freeze it for later use.
– Properly stored, the broth can last up to five days in the refrigerator or several months in the freezer.
Homemade chicken bone broth is a nourishing elixir that offers an array of health benefits. By following this professionally crafted recipe, you can enjoy a flavorful broth that serves as a versatile base for various dishes or a warm and comforting beverage on its own. With its abundance of nutrients and rich taste, chicken bone broth is a delightful addition to your culinary repertoire and a nutritious treat for your overall well-being.