Eggs Benedict with Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Eggs Benedict, a classic breakfast dish, has gained popularity for its delightful combination of poached eggs, Canadian bacon, and creamy hollandaise sauce. This article presents a refined version of the recipe, offering step-by-step instructions to help you create the ultimate Eggs Benedict experience in the comfort of your own kitchen.
To prepare Eggs Benedict with a homemade hollandaise sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
– 3 large egg yolks
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– Salt and pepper to taste
– A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
For the Eggs Benedict:
– 4 English muffins, split and toasted
– 8 slices of Canadian bacon
– 8 large eggs
– Fresh chives or parsley, chopped (for garnish)
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the Hollandaise Sauce:
– In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and lemon juice until well combined.
– Place the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, ensuring that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
– Whisk the egg yolk mixture continuously while slowly pouring in the melted butter. Continue whisking until the sauce thickens and reaches a smooth, velvety consistency.
– Season the hollandaise sauce with salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper, if desired. Remove the bowl from the heat and set it aside, keeping the sauce warm.
2. Poach the Eggs:
– Fill a large saucepan with water and bring it to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
– Add a splash of white vinegar to the simmering water. The vinegar helps to coagulate the egg whites and achieve a neater shape.
– Crack each egg into a small bowl or ramekin, taking care not to break the yolks.
– Using a spoon, create a gentle whirlpool in the simmering water. Carefully slide the eggs, one at a time, into the center of the whirlpool. The swirling motion helps to shape the eggs.
– Allow the eggs to poach for about 3-4 minutes, or until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still soft and runny.
– Use a slotted spoon to carefully remove the poached eggs from the water, allowing any excess water to drain. Place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any remaining moisture.
3. Assemble the Eggs Benedict:
– Lay the toasted English muffin halves on a serving platter or individual plates.
– Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the Canadian bacon until lightly browned on both sides. Place two slices of bacon on each English muffin half.
– Carefully place a poached egg on top of each bacon slice.
– Drizzle the hollandaise sauce generously over the poached eggs and garnish with freshly chopped chives or parsley.
– Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Indulge in the rich and flavorful experience of homemade Eggs Benedict with velvety hollandaise sauce. By following these step-by-step instructions, you can easily master the art of perfectly poached eggs and create a breakfast delicacy that will impress your family and friends. Enjoy the combination of delicate poached eggs, savory Canadian bacon, and the luscious hollandaise sauce atop toasted English muffins. This classic dish is sure to elevate your breakfast or brunch to new culinary heights.